Readers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Life Update and Review of Orange Beach, AL

Good Evening! Sorry it's been awhile since I have been on. With Christmas approaching, it's been busy. My daughter is having friends over for Christmas slumber party today. They do this every year and they have so much fun!!


 
Then tomorrow evening our good friends are coming over with their daughter to celebrate with dinner and presents. So needless to say between work, trying to finish shopping and getting ready for the two parties I haven't done much of anything else.

So I am going to tell you about Orange Beach, AL. We have been traveling to Orange Beach for about 10 years and we always stay in our favorite hotel which is Island House Hotel. It is right on the beach and has the best service. We feel like home. This would be our second favorite place to vacation behind Disney. I am going to go through all my years of pictures (that I have on the computer) and share some favorite memories with you. Some pictures will be better than others, so please over look the bad one. lol

Here is a picture of the outside of the hotel looking up from the parking lot.


 This one is from the balcony. I just relax thinking of those ocean waves.

The next pictures are from a family trip to Orange Beach in 2006. We always stay in what they call the penthouse room which is really a 1 bedroom suite. We like it because it has a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms so we have plenty of room. The rooms have since been remodeled which I will show you later in the post.






My sweet little girl! She has grown up so much!

Family Picture

My daughter and hubby.

The next set of pictures is from 2008. We drive through Mobile on our way down and there is a neat tunnel there. Here are some pictures of us going through it.




After the tunnel is where the battleship park is located. It is a must see if you are heading down. We have toured it a couple times and we love it. We have also seen a submarine while we are there.



Next stop Orange Beach!! One reason we love it is because it is not packed with people. It is still kinda quiet but there are plenty of restaurants, putt putt and stuff to do. There is a cool military museum close by and the Blue Angels fly there on certain days for practice. 



This trip we had the corner penthouse which has a huge side balcony instead of 2 smaller balconies. The regular penthouse has a balcony in the living room and one in the bedroom. 

 Kitchen area

 bedroom

 




Some friends came and visited us on their way back from vacation. We went out to dinner and relaxed on the beach. 





 Little crab

 This reminds me of a flash mob but I am not sure what they were doing.





For 2009 I was extremely lucky, I was able to go to the beach twice. Once with 2 of my girlfriends and the second time with my family. This first set of pictures is the girls trip. We had so much fun. It was just a short weekend trip. 

We stopped at this little place for lunch.


The rooms had been updated since my last trip. I love the new rooms!! We had the regular penthouse room. 






 My girl friends!!

 We ate at this restaurant and it was so yummy!






The second trip was after our Disney trip in Oct 2009. We were very relaxing but the beach was empty.










 Going to dinner at Lulu's



 Jamie had to finish her school work.


 Our anniversary!!





We haven't been to Orange Beach since this trip. We were suppose to take Jamie and her friends for fall break this year but some unexpected medical expenses came up so needless to say we had to cancel the trip.

I would love to go this summer for a quick trip but only time will tell.

I highly recommend Orange Beach, AL as a great beach vacation spot. It is good for friends, couples, and family trips.

If you have any questions, just let me know. You can always contact here on the blog by leaving a comment or email me at Reena@dreamcometruevacations.

Thanks for dropping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment