Readers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

November 2008 - Disney Trip - Part 1

Good Evening!! It's time to start on the 2008 trip. This trip was the weekend after Thanksgiving. We took our daughter out of school for this trip and we have some new things planned.

As we normally do, we stopped overnight in Valdosta, GA. This has become our normal stopping place and makes us feel like we are really on our Disney Vacation!!

This was our first trip to stay at the Contemporary Resort and let me tell you that it was wonderful. We had a Tower Room with Magic Kingdom View and that room was so worth every penny. Sitting out on my balcony and looking at the Castle was more exciting than words can say.

Okay....so it was raining when we got there and the view wasn't the best but through that rain was the Castle and I was in heaven.

The room was great. The rooms have 2 queen beds and a daybed  plus a desk area. At the time we stayed the rooms also had computers but they have since removed the computers.


I can't believe this is the only picture I can find of the room and my daughter is making some crazy looking face in it.


Okay...All of the room pictures have my family in them and they are not looking normal. I think they are annoyed at me taking so many pictures.


Here's the pretty sunny view! See I told you the Castle was there and Space Mountain too.

On this trip we decided to celebrate our daughter's birthday early so I had some special things planned. The first thing we were doing this day was going to Epcot for dinner at Coral Reef. So we hopped on the monorail in the rain and were off to Epcot in lightening speed (well..maybe not lightening speed but monorail speed).


I have one thing to say before I move on...I am premature gray/white. I had the bright idea to let my color grow out then get my hair cut short to see what I look like with my natural hair color (gray/white). Well let's just say I looked liked I aged ALOT so no more gray/white. I am coloring again!!

On with the program....


Epcot was all decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful.

If you have not tried the Coral Reef, you need to add it to your dining experience on your next trip. The food was wonderful and I loved looking at the fish. Now, back in 2008 you could contact the restaurant and have them send a diver down with a sign for special occasions and they would make up a special menu. I had this planned for my daughter and the best part was it was FREE!! They are no longer doing this and I hated to see it go. It was a great experience. These were the first of her surprises for this trip. I can't find the pictures but I know we have it on video so I will try to find it and post it.

Here is our yummy fish and my daughter's dessert. BTW -- We had the dining plan on this trip and it was a ton of food!! You get 1 quick service meal, 1 table service meal and 1 snack per person per night of the trip. The meals include entree, dessert and drink.





Well, we headed back to our room and this was our view from our wonderful balcony.



The next morning was wonderful and we had dining reservations at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. Now, if you have never been to Disney or done table service. It is very important to make sure you make your dining reservations BEFORE you arrive preferably at the 180 day mark so you can get what you want and when.







Notice the Happy Birthday Button in the pictures and yes, that is a birthday cupcake for breakfast!! Chef Mickey's is a fun place to eat. Everyone needs to try it!!



Each of the Disney Resorts have special Holiday decorations, the above pictures are what is set up at the Contemporary and the entire thing is made of food!! It was amazing.

Well, I am going to stop here tonight. There is ALOT more to come so make sure you come back.

Thanks for dropping by!!

Until next time, have a Magical Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment