Readers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Cook Once Eat Four Meals

I am amazed at how much I was over eating. Yes, I knew I was but seeing how far food last when you eat the correct servings is a real eye opener. The meal that opened my eyes to this was the Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers that I cooked Monday night for dinner.    
                         

I knew this meal would be two meals because one bell pepper per person and there is only two of us. There was so much meat mixture left that the next night we had tacos plus lunch for the day after.

Here are pictures of my meals.

 Lunch left overs from the stuffed peppers.

 Dinner tacos

 Lunch taco salad

So I got 4 meals for 2 people out of 1 pound of ground beef!! That's a bargain. Best part is 1 serving is 4 Weight Watcher points!! 

Here's the recipe for the meat mixture:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 med onion chopped
1 can of drained black beans
1 can of drained corn
1 jar of salsa
1 package of taco seasonings

Just brown the beef and onion. Drain. Then mix everything together and simmer to heated.

Easy peasy!!

So many ideas to use this mixture. Share yours.

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment