Readers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Update and Recipes

Hello!! Sorry it's been a while since I have done a true update. It's been busy at work and home.

Jamie is in my niece's wedding which is in August. They picked out dresses and it has been ordered. Plus she is also going to be in a friend's QuinceaƱera so she went this weekend to look at dresses for that.  I will post pictures once they come in.

We also have a new fur baby. Lillian showed up on our back porch. My hubby built her a nice little house but she decided she likes the inside better. We took her to the vet and she has been spayed and we got all her shots. Here she is on top of her little house.


Our other 2 kitties (Sammie & Biscuit) are a little unsure right now but I now they will become close friends or at least tolerate each other.

As you may have seen on my last post, I did a travel presentation at Applegarth Books on Saturday. Here is a picture of my table all set up.


I also bought me a new note bag for my travel business work. I love it!! Can you guess what it has on it????


Were you right?? I love Mickey Mouse!!

Next thing I want to touch on is some recipes. I have been asked lately about recipes for some dinners that I have posted on Facebook so I thought I would share them on here.


This is what I call ham, egg, & cheese quiches. They are super easy and my daughter loves them.

Ingredients:
1 can of flaky can biscuits
3-4 slices of ham chopped
2 eggs
1 handfull of shredded cheese
1/2 onion chopped

Preheat oven as directed on biscuit can. Spray mini muffin pan.

Separate each biscuit into 2 pieces and press down in muffin pan.

Mix all ingredients together. Scoop one spoonful into each biscuit in muffin pan.

Bake as directed. They are so good hot and they make good left overs for quick breakfast.



Sausage Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
1 roll of sausage (I use mild)
1 cans of crescent rolls
1 block of cream cheese

Preheat oven as directed on crescent rolls. Spray casserole dish.

Open one can of crescent rolls and unroll dough and put in dish. Make sure all dough is together.

Brown sausage until done and drain. Then put entire block of cream cheese in pan and mix together. Once blended put on top of dough in dish.

Open second can of crescent roll and unroll. Put this on top of sausage mixture.

Bake as directed on can. I usually have to leave mine in about 5 minutes longer until nicely browned.



Veggie Chili Mac

Ingredients:
Elbow Macaroni
1 can diced tomato
1 can of kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can of corn
1 onion chopped
Chili powder
Pepper

Boil macaroni as directions indicate.

Saute onion in a little bit of oil until done. Mix all other ingredients and let simmer. Add seasonings as you like. Once macaroni is done then drain and mix in pot. Let everything simmer 30 minutes.

Top with cheese.


Red Beans & Rice

Ingredients:
1 can of red beans
1 package of boil in bag rice
1 package of sausage
1 can of diced tomato
Cajun Seasoning

Boil rice as directed.

Cook sausage until browned then add beans, tomato and seasonings. Once rice is done, drain it and add. Mix together and see if need more seasonings. Let simmer together about 20 minutes.


Chicken with peppers, onions, mushrooms and penne.

Ingredients:
6 chicken breast tenders (skinless & boneless) cut up in bite size pieces
1 can of mushrooms
1 med onion chopped
1 green pepper cut in slices
4 hand fulls of penne pasta (cooked and drained)
1 can of spaghetti sauce
fresh parm cheese.

Cook onion, mushrooms, peppers and chicken in a little bit of oil. While that is cooking, cook your pasta per the box. Once chicken is done and all veggies are tender to your liking then pour in spaghetti sauce and let simmer. Once pasta is done, drain it well then mix in sauce. Stir well then top with cheese.



These next two I put together because I kinda make them the same. The top is black eye peas and the bottom is lentils.

Black eye peas must be soaked or follow the quick method. Lentils do not have to be soaked.

Once they are washed and soaked (or not depending on which one you use) then I add about the same ingredients and they are so easy.

I usually put in a can of diced tomato, 1 onion chopped thick, carrots chopped thick, celery chopped thick and Cajun seasonings. Then in the lentils I also add mushrooms. I have added bell peppers too. They are really good with all kinds of veggies added. Experiment with them. After you add everything then let them simmer for a couple hours.

That's all I have right now. I sure hoped you enjoyed all the updates.

Thanks for dropping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment